Friday, February 22, 2013

Chinese Honey Walnut Shrimp ... Easy & Yummy

This "Chinese Honey Walnut Shrimp" menu caught in my head all the time right after seeing one of my subscribed pages sharing the recipe on their site.  However, shrimps in that recipe are cooked by steaming which is not what I am craving for and looking for.  I prefer deep fried shrimps which remind me of my favorite dish I had in the Chinese Restaurant.  Therefore, I started searching on YouTube and found one recipe that is easy and look very yummy like I want it to be.  Especially, I have all required ingredients on hand at home!...Hooray!!!  So let 's get started:



Ingredients: 
(PS: This is my version since I did twist a recipe a bit to make it easier for me to cook...hahaha)
  • 1/2 Walnuts
  • 1 tbsp. Butter
  • 3 tbsp. Brown Sugar or more to taste
  • 1 tbsp. Honey
  • 2 tbsp. Water
  • a pinch of salt
  • sesame seeds
  • 3-4 tbsp. Mayonnaise 
  • 1 tsp. Sweet Condensed Milk
  • 1/2 Lemon
  • 1 lb. Shrimp
  • 1 egg
  • a pinch of Salt & Pepper
  • 1/2 cup of Cornstarch
  • Oil 
  • Lettuce

Step1: Making Honey Walnuts
  • Put butter in a pan at medium heat until butter is melted.
  • Add walnuts and sauté about 2 minutes.
  • Add brown sugar, a pinch of salt, honey and water to the pan.  At this point, all brown sugar should be dissolved in water, otherwise, add a little bit more water.  Keep stirring walnuts until all liquid is almost dried up.
  • Stir in sesame seed and keep stirring until liquid is almost dried up and walnuts look crispy.
  • Set walnuts aside. (Sorry for a blurry picture as I wanna eat now :) )


Step 2: Making Mayonnaise Dressing  
  • Mix mayonnaise, sweet condensed milk and lemon juice altogether until they are combined.


Step 3: Deep Fried Shrimps 
  • Beat an egg with a pinch of pepper & salt in a bowl.
  • Put shrimps (shelled & deveined) in a bowl of beaten egg and stir until all shrimps are covered by egg mixture.
  • Put all shrimps in a plate of cornstarch and stir until all shrimps are coated by cornstarch. 
  • Deep-fried shrimps in oil at medium high heat until they turn golden.



Step 4: Assemble the yummy dish
  • Put all Deep-fried Shrimps from step 3 in Mayonnaise Dressing from step 2, and stir until all shrimps are coated by dressing.
  • For serving, place lettuce and then shrimps in a serving plate.  Finally, top with honey walnuts. Enjoy!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment